Thursday 18 April 2013

Time travellin' to those great, great days of the roaring twenties!


Every gal loves herself a little bit o' dress-up and a little bit of razzle dazzle...
 a little dash of glitz and glamour... and all that jazz...
And oh doesn't everyone dream of raiding the closets and dressing tables of those bob-haired liberal beauties of the twenties... the flapper girls! 
Mom said she knew the perfect location to play dress up, so she broke out her collection of headpieces and I packed some dresses...
 

And, on my Mommy Dearest's suggestion of a little twenties-themed holiday, off we went! 
 Where did we find ourselves?
Why, only in the quaintest little airport I'd ever set foot in!
It was my first time setting foot in Polonia International, but it was just as Mom described.

"Where do we go from here?" I asked the three smiling at me from the backseat.
Mom, Mel and Ben had the biggest grins. This must be a pretty great place, I thought.
"Wait and see, little bunny!" said Mom...
 
I was blown away! Who would've thought you'd find such a sweet spot where you'd never think to look... Trust Mom!
It didn't hurt that Mom's choice hangout had great dining options and sweet city views...

We settled down at the steakhouse to get the party started!
 A little starter, compliments of the chef, in a great restaurant with amazing furnishings... 
which made for countless Kodak moments!

Ooh the parties that are just waiting to be hosted here! We talked about plans over dinner that night.

 Not to mention, every hour's cocktail hour when you're on holiday!
 How many things can you do in 48 hours? 
We did plenty!

 Everyone agreed that our little themed holiday was a roaring success, and there'll definitely be more to come! 

Mommy, ever the fountain of party ideas, already has a few ideas in the works. I'm not probing, I'll let her surprise me...


We had so much fun channelling flapper girls, a la that award-winning film The Artist!
And I feel the joy of little holidays starting to grow on me! 

Cheers to more little escapades! :)
Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...